The compact Natus EMU40EX breakout box with built-in wireless capability allows video EEG monitoring even when the patient disconnects from the main unit for daily care routines. Extended range wireless connectivity doesn’t sacrifice data quality with its 1 kHz sampling frequency. EEG data is recorded on flash memory in the wearable unit and uploaded when the patient plugs back in, ensuring no data is lost or compromised. The Bluetooth connection from the patient's breakout box to the EMU40EX base unit is strictly point-to-point. Data cannot be intercepted or received by any other Bluetooth-enabled device in the area.
Designed specifically for Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) facilities, the EMU40EX can also be used for clinical EEG and some in-lab sleep studies. It offers 40 clearly marked AC channels that allow for full 10-20 electrode placement. In addition, oxygen saturation and pulse rate channels are available from the integrated oximeter. Plus, there are 4 extra DC channels available on the base unit. Lastly, a photic stimulator interface and a patient-event-switch interface complete the EEG functionality.
The EMU40EX is suitable for a variety of fixed and portable applications. It can be fixed to a wall or mounted on a variety of carts, and its unique quick-disconnect options enable moving the unit easily and safely.
From a range of channel inputs to extended-range wireless monitoring, this innovative amplifier has all the features needed for brain monitoring in an EMU.
- 40-channel amplifier; 4 DC, SpO2
- Sample rate: up to 1,024 Hz
- Wireless with on-board memory
- Bandwidth: 0.1 Hz to 400 Hz
- Ergonomic electrode input to optimize patient mobility
- Small form factor and lightweight patient wearable
Not available in all countries. Please contact your local sales representative for availability.
Sturdy & Reliable
Featuring reinforced solid-state electronics, the EMU40EX was designed to withstand the inevitable day-to-day wear an EEG amplifier is subjected to. The lightweight and palm-sized EMU40EX breakout box records directly to a central server, the hard drive of a local station or its own internal flash memory.
EMU40EX provides confidence that the recorded data will enable accurate interpretation. Enhanced sampling rates (either 256, 512 or 1024 Hz) ensure that EMU40EX consistently provides state-of-the-art diagnostic EEG. The EMU40EX is capable of either USB or TCP/IP connections and can work seamlessly in any network architecture with both fixed and DHCP addressing. The EMU40EX unites premium quality with flexibility and reliability.
The Natus NeuroWorks® Platform enables seamless HL7 integration with facility medical records. Patient and study management with reliable and flexible study acquisition and review features are the foundations of a cyber-secure solution that simplifies EEG diagnostics.
- Windows® 10 and 7 compatible
- Live streaming and recording of video EEG to a server
- Cerebrum - centralized software update management
- User customizable personal workspaces
- Built-in HIPAA compliant role based security with Active Directory integration
- Variety of analysis tools
- Natus spike and event detection
- Stellate event detection
- Persyst® event detection and trending
- Natus QEEG trending
- Frequency analysis tool
- IP streaming cameras and amplifiers
- Single or dual stream Full HD 1080p video
- Enterprise level MS SQL Server database
- Automated discovery of amplifiers and cameras using DHCP
- Support for hard drive encryption
- EEG/Sleep combo software package
- SDK for direct EEG data access for research
- Data-stream Wizard with two data streams for efficient clinical and research workflow
- Citrix® Ready partner
- TCP/IP Connectivity
- Automatic DHCP discovery
- Base Unit: 11.4” x 10.4” x 2” (29 cm x 26.5 cm x 5 cm)
- Breakout Box: 3.94” x 6.22” x 0.91” (10.0 cm x 15.8 cm x 2.3 cm)
- Base Unit: 5.1 lb (2300 g)
- Breakout Box: 0.73 lb (333 g)
Natus Neuro provides a complete line of supplies to meet all EEG recording needs.
- Genuine Grass® Reusable EEG Cup Electrodes
- Grass Reusable EEG Stamped Cup Electrodes
- Grass Disposable EEG Cup & Deep-Cup Electrodes
- waveguard™ original Head Caps
- waveguard connect Head Caps
- Electrode Application Products
- Convenient online portal (US Customers only)
Natus Neuro Store – www.natusneurostore.com
For more information on this or any product, please send us a message in the form below.