Sándor Beniczky, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Beniczky's current positions are at the Danish Epilepsy Centre (head of the Clinical Neurophysiology department) and Aarhus University (associate professor). Dr. Beniczky has been board-member of the Danish Epilepsy Society since 2010 (re-elected in 2012). He has been actively involved in the educational activities of the ILAE. Currently he is co-director of two on-line ILAE courses (VIREPA) and he is the course director of the Dianalund Summer School on EEG and epilepsy, supported both by ILAE-CEA and the European Chapter of the International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology (EC-IFCN). Dr. Beniczky is leading the SCORE consortium (Standardised Computer-based Organised Reporting of EEG), a task-force on development of software for assessment and reporting of EEG in clinical practice. He is author of 42 peer-reviewed publications and six book chapters.
At the end of the webinar, the attendees will:
- Become familiar with the most recent ILAE classification of status epilepticus
- Be able to recognized the various EEG patterns suggesting nonconvulsive status epilepticus
- Know how to apply the Salzburg EEG criteria
- Become familiar with the ictal-interictal continuum
- Be able to integrate EEG into the clinical management of status epilepticus